Natalie is consistently one of my graduate class’s most well-received guest lecturers. More a facilitated studio lab than a ‘lecture’, her time with our students pushes their thinking in ways that are both rigorous and practical. Her sessions serve as an effective bridge between modules.
Katherina Rosqueta, Founding Executive Director at the Center for High Impact Philanthropy, University of Pennsylvania
The framework that Natalie and the design thinking process helped us create has now been embraced across our entire organization.
By the end of the session ALL participants grew from it; indicating it was the best session in which they had participated in a very long time. Natalie elevated my team’s ability to understand and solve for growth in a more creative and innovative way. She astutely guided a cross-functional senior team to think about the inputs to a challenge in a more iterative manner – and to embrace the ‘process’ of discovering new opportunities & solving for effective solutions.
It was the best investment made in pushing us forward so that we are collectively future-ready to deliver solutions grounded in creativity; ones that drive growth and add value in numerous ways.
Esther Franklin, EVP, Managing Director of Strategy & Cultural Fluency Spark Foundry | Publicis
Natalie is a wonderful scholar-practitioner; she is able to connect the dots between theory and practice. Her remarkable, diverse background allows her to be a unique contributor to the new global, interdisciplinary world that is rapidly emerging.
Rosalyn McPherson, PRESIDENT, THE ROZ GROUP
Natalie is a superb facilitator! She is a great listener and helps your group to land on new insights at the end of a workshop.
Grace Killelea, President, Half the Sky
We are always looking for a rockstar keynote speaker to inspire and inform…Dr. Natalie Nixon had us all on the edge of our seats for her entire presentation! …My attendees absolutely loved her work across a multidisciplinary set of insights and anecdotes…punctuated with references to both her research and to hyper-relevant themes.
It was inspiring, but not cliche.
It was fun, but not trite.
It was academic, but not condescending.
It was informative, but not a lecture.
Nigel Prentice, Program Director, IBM Design
Natalie led a fantastic session with my consumer insights, sensory, and analytics teams! We focused on storytelling with data, using unique tools to simplify complex data for various audiences. In advance of the session, she took the time to build customized, relevant activities with me… and during the session she passionately brought to life new ways of thinking that could easily be applied. She was a pleasure to work with, AND I received a ton of great feedback from the team after the session.
Success is when in the days immediately following, more than a few team members came to me excitedly to show new ways that they were packaging data and influencing their teams!
Risa Schwartz, Consumer Insights, Sensory, and Analytics Lead at Tyson Foods
Natalie’s hands-on, design thinking workshop with our team led to key insights that we will plan to incorporate in our program design in the future.
Danielle Cohn, Executive Director, Entrepreneurial Engagement, Head of LIFT Labs, Comcast NBCUniversal
- “Light bends differently underwater. The speed of sound moves faster than in the air. When the body is submerged, the eyes lose their focus — hearing becomes muffled and spatial awareness alters. Natalie Nixon floats in this medium to expand her perceptions. She swims to gain stamina.” Read the full story of Natalie’s talk entitled […]Read More »
- Check out Natalie Nixon’s talks at the European Innovation Academy: Fashion Thinking Fast Paper Prototyping Leading with Design ThinkingRead More »
- June 2015 “The Nudge Imperative-Why it is Critical to Follow your Heart”An independently hosted TedX talk at George School.Read More »
- “What We can Learn from the Dance Choreographer”Read More »
- In October 2015 , at the Mayo Clinic’s Transform conference, Natalie spoke to an audience of physicians, public policy makers, health administrators and citizens about the role of creativity in reshaping our healthcare delivery system. Her talk, “What We Should Stop Doing. Right. Now” can be viewed on YouTube . Illustrator MK Czerwiek did a wonderful […]Read More »